Search Jobs :|
|Executive Jobs & Management|
Accounting, Administrative, Business, Communications, Customer Service, Education, Facilities, Finance, Healthcare, Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Medical, Procurement, Project, Public Relations, Real Estate, Retail, Sales, Security, Supply Chain
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Michigan, Detroit
Discipline: Human Resources
Human Resources Manager
The position has the responsibility for implementing the company’s employee relations programs. The Human Resources Manager will also be responsible for labor relations for the firm.
Essential Job Functions for the Human Resources Manager:
• Conduct formal investigations on matters involving employees’ claim of wrongful termination, ethics, harassment, discrimination, etc. in a unionized environment.
• Resolve issues relating to predominantly union workforce including attending grievance hearings and assisting in interpreting collective bargaining agreements.
• Prepare documentation and reports on investigative activities and actions taken.
• Work with department head and the Legal Department to research and interpret employment laws, (FLSA, EEOC, etc) for application to specific employment relations situations such as internal and external employee hearings, audits and lawsuits.
• Assist in conducting internal audits and recommend appropriate action to correct any employment relations issues.
• Assist in providing support, counsel and direction to Field Human Resources Leaders on employee relations issues and policy and procedure clarification.
• Build and foster strong relationships within all areas of HR and the business, must work collaboratively with other parts of HR and the business.
• Responsible for maintaining current knowledge base of industry trends, practices, and mandatory federal requirements.
Qualifications: Job Requirements/Qualifications
The succesful candidate will have a strong background in both Human Resources management and Labor Reations Management.
• BS/BA in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field or equivalent relevant experience required.
• Minimum of 7 years experience as an HR Generalist or Employee Relations role of which 5 plus years in the leadership role required.
• Very strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
• Conflict resolution skills and abilities are a must.
• Must have knowledge in employment law, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADEA, Title VII, OSHA, ERISA and ADA.
• Possess analytical skills necessary to identify reasons for issues and recommend appropriate action.
• Coaching and effective problem solving skills are required.
• Experience with applicant management and HRIS applications preferred.
• Previous labor relations experience desirable.
• Should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Apply to: Click Here