||Renewable Energy Jobs
Search Jobs :|
|Renewable Energy Jobs, Alternative|
Biomass Biofuels, Geothermal, Hydroelectric, Renewable, Solar, Wind
|Wind - Renewable Energy Jobs, Alternative|
Australia NZ, California, Canada, Europe, Texas, UK, USA
Job Title: Sr Electrical Engineer
Location: Texas, Houston
Provide electrical engineering for wind energy projects.
1. Perform standard electrical engineering calculations and preliminary electrical design.
2. Interface closely with development, engineering and construction teams to ensure that project needs and objectives are maintained and satisfied.
3. Provide verbal and written project status updates and reports.
4. Prepare electrical scope documents, exhibits, budgets, schedules and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
5. Prepare initial collection system routing and substation layout and transmission line routing.
6. Direct and manage the work performed by electrical engineering consultants.
7. Provide technical review and comment to detailed electrical design and engineering performed by others.
8. Lead or participate in project meetings and conference calls.
9. Ensure the production of quality electrical engineering plans and specifications, while ensuring compliance with project and industry requirements and standards.
10. Participate in the engineering, design and construction review processes.
11. Maintain and foster consulting engineer and equipment supplier contacts.
12. Direct and manage the due-diligence review of the wind farm electrical design by a third party consultant or bank’s engineer.
13. Ensure final documentation is accurate and complete for all project work.
Qualifications: 1. Provide electrical design, engineering, testing and construction support.
2. BS in Electrical Engineering with minimum of 10 years of design and engineering experience.
3 Frequent project related travel is anticipated.
4. Ability to perform standard electrical discipline mathematical calculations and equations, including but not limited to electric circuit calculations, 3-phase power and ampacity, impedance, sizing of conductors and calculation of losses, reactive power, verification of proper phase rotation and sizing of overhead transmission lines and hardware.
5. Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, drawings, and documents related to engineering and construction, including but not limited to one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams and wiring diagrams.
6. Ability to create preliminary nodal circuit diagrams for wind farm collection systems and revisions to drawings using AutoCAD.
7. Good verbal and written communication skills.
8. Good personal computer application skills, in applications including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, databases and discipline related design programs. Knowledge of Microsoft Projects and Primavera scheduling experience is desirable.
9. Ability to plan, coordinate, and analyze situations.
10. Demonstrated people skills, both inside and outside the project team.
11. Good time management skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing engineering support on multiple concurrent projects.
12. Possess exemplary standards of integrity, honor, safety, ethics, quality, and productivity.
13. Ability to effectively direct and manage the detailed electrical design performed by outside consultants.
14. Ability to track and monitor project progress
15. Ability to read, create and follow written policies and procedures.
16. Experience and skills relating to electronic processing and filing of drawings, specifications, budgets, reports, project schedules and other documents.
17. Knowledge of and ability to apply applicable industry standards and codes., including but not limited to Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), ANSI (American National Standards Institute), etc..
18. Knowledgeable and familiar with medium and high voltage substation electrical equipment and transmission design and operations.
19. Knowledgeable and familiar with dynamics and stability modeling and Power Pools and Interconnection Request process.
20. Knowledgeable and familiar with Supervisory Control and Data Collection (SCADA), grounding, relay and protection systems.
21. Job requires operation of a motor vehicle and valid driver’s license.
22. Normal work location is office environment. Job also requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing, and accessing wind farms and equipment to inspect or collect data.
23. Ability to work around energized equipment under proper lock-out and tag-out and other safety procedures.
Apply to: Click Here